Skip to main content

Whatever happened to the simple vibrator?

Okay, what comes to your mind when I say "rabbit"? I'll just guess it's the same thing that comes to my mind- a cute little furry animal with tall pointy ears. Now what if I combined the word "rabbit" with the words "sex toy"?

 I don't know about the rest of you older gals but until yesterday I would have had a blank look on my face.

The things you can learn from your kids. That could have been the title to today's blog. But I figured "vibrator" is more of a grabber!

My son enlightened me. He's a film and video producer and yesterday I got to view a video he produced in which four  professional, attractive young women are discussing the pros and cons (well there weren't any cons in this case) of a new sex toy on the market-Orgasm in a Box for Her. I won't go into details (although I imagine some of you readers might want me to) but lets just say it consisted of a mini device the girls  called a "bullet"...

Let me pause here. This tiny little object really is the size and shape of a bullet. And these four young women said "bullet" like everyone knew what a "bullet" was. Do they? Is it just me who is so naive when it comes to sex toys? But wait. Then one of the women took out this little pink rubber "rabbit" with pointy ears that she jokingly called a finger puppet and she slipsped it on her finger. And the other women all smiled. It seems they all knew about the "rabbit" just as they all knew about the "bullet". Old hat, it turns out. Both have been around for ages. Ages! It appears that what was new here is that this sex toy combined the two and motorized it. The bullet, it seems, can be used alone for clitoral stimulation, or even better, ladies, you can slip the rabbit over the bullet, slide the little motorized attachment up so it can go different speeds... (Well, there you go, I pretty much did describe it). The women in the video all agreed it was a great little sex toy. Really did the trick.

 I have to confess it looked like a nifty little device. (Anyone who's interested can email me and I'll give you the site where you can purchase it- only $18 and the gals also all agreed it was a bargain).

The plain old trusty vibrator is passé, ladies. Get with it. Or maybe you all have and I'm the only woman way behind the times. I even bet this new little sex toy doesn't arrive in your mailbox in a plain brown wrapper so no one will know.

And now a brief postscript. After my son sent me the email with the video attachment I emailed him back to tell him what a great job he'd done and I kept finding myself saying double entendrés like - I'm so excited about this. And - "It's hard to imagine..."

Well, you get the point. Oops, I did it again!

Comments

  1. Nobunny makes me smile and cringe all at once like you do. Smiling at your frankness and cringing at my out of it-ness.....xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's get rid of the "pipe" in pipe dreams!

I have had dreams of doing any number of things all my life. Either I or others were quick to label them "pipe" dreams. "Pipe" as in foolish, impractical, ridiculous? A lot of people my age have come to realize that dreams are not the stuff of foolishness. The other day I got an email from a neighbor/friend from my old town who'd discovered my blog. She told me she had started a new "cottage" business of selling greeting cards with her amazing photos on them. Here's her site because you all really should check out these very original cards - www.jgfischel.com It was a reminder to me that no matter our age, young, middle, older, oldest, we have the opportunity to dream new dreams, or capture old dreams and actualize them. We can stop identifying them as "pipe" dreams. I think many of us have spent a good portion of our adult lives  on being practical, cautious, and maybe feeling a little scared or a lot scared. Many of us stifled our cre

You can take the girl out of The Bronx, but...

Well, you know the rest. I have to confess for a long time I really tried to get rid of The Bronx. For a long time after that I thought I had. And for a long time I felt good about it. I'd escaped. No one could tell by my speech, my look, my style, etc. I used to love to hear, "You're from The Bronx? I'd never have guessed." And it's more than that. It's escaping a past that didn't fit in with my fantasy of who I wanted to become, who I wanted to be. It was an escape from a certain social class, an escape from parents whose customs, manners, interests felt alien to me - or maybe the truth was I wanted them to feel alien to me. I wanted to be my own creation!  But deep down I knew the truth. I knew it and it bothered me. I felt like there was really no escape. Not from The Bronx. Not from the lower income class that shaped me. Not from a mother who loved a bargain more than almost anything. And it bothered me. But lately something has changed. It&

Thank God you can pick your friends!

My husband and I are about to celebrate the 50th wedding anniversary of very special friends. We met Ted and Deanna 36 years ago and we've stayed strongly connected through a number of moves (ours not theirs), illnesses, life's many ups and downs. We've shared sad times and joyous times. We've traveled together, spent wonderful visits at each others' homes. I'm sure we must have shared thousands of meals together. Thousands of laughs. They've always, ALWAYS been there for us and we have always tried to be there for them. History. We have a deep and meaningful shared history. J. and I are  truly blessed to have a wonderful group of close friends and we value them all. But there are very few couples I've known and loved longer than this very special couple. You can't pick your blood relatives but thank God you can pick your friends. From the very first time we all met, J and I picked them. We were couples with young families. We were in the first dec